• Bring a valid ID
  • Bring any prescription documentation with you that may yield a positive result.
  • Do not eat, drink, chew gum, etc. 15 minutes prior to your arrival.
  • If you need to have a urine drug test you must call ahead to check availability at 617-797-8000
  • Results on average take 1-2 business days
  • If taking prescribed medications, results will be slightly longer.
Results are reported directly to the union as they either in compliance or not in compliance.
  • Each union handles positive result reports differently
  • Typically, upon a positive drug test result, a member from Modern Assistance Program will contact you to notify you of next steps.
  • Please call us at 617-773-5169 to document your prescription.
  • If you are prescribed a controlled substance by your physician other than amphetamines (reference CFR Title 21 FDA schedules of controlled substances) other than amphetamines, please download the Controlled Substance Disclosure Form located on the Forms page (or drop down). Please send this form to your prescribing Doctor and have them complete and fax it back to us at 617-774-0336 (Fax).
  • If you are unsure of your prescription classification, please check the informational page of classified drugs that are considered controlled substances, (reference CFR Title 21 FDA schedules of controlled substances).
  • You are not required to disclose your prescribed medications to your union.
  • Reference the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
  • According to federal law, marijuana is still illegal at the federal level as a Schedule I drug under the Federal Controlled Substances Act.
  • A positive drug test result for marijuana (THC) will be reported as non-compliant regardless of medical card status.
  • All unions are federally funded and screen for the substance and for compliancy.

Yes, CBD products that contain THC will be evident on a drug test. THC is the active ingredient in marijuana. Many CBD products that are not in their pure forms contain trace amounts of THC.

  • Modern Assistance Programs issue all “in compliance” cards for all unions other than Local 103.
  • Please call (617) 773-5169 if you have not received your card in a timely manner.
  • Local 103 please call your hall to inquire about your WPSC.

Get Started With Us today.

We provide you with services to help you live your best life.