Modern Assistance offers telehealth counseling through a confidential, fully HIPAA-compliant electronic video platform that connects employees to a certified and/or licensed clinician at Modern Assistance.
Why is telehealth important?
Studies have shown that over 20% of adults reporting poor mental health also report not receiving counseling or therapy during the past couple of years because of the pandemic. Telehealth has played a particularly significant role in meeting the need for mental health services. Many organizations have improved coverage and access for mental health and substance use.
According to a study conducted by the American Telemedicine Association, it is estimated that there are currently about 7 million Americans using some form of telehealth services. This number is only expected to grow in the coming years as more and more people become aware of the many benefits that telehealth has to offer.
While other outpatient use of telehealth has decreased, mental health and substance abuse services using telehealth have continued to be utilized by a large number of people.
According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), approximately 1 in 5 adults in the United States experiences a mental health disorder in a given year. Mental health disorders can affect anyone, regardless of age, race, or income level.
Mental health disorders can cause a great deal of distress and can lead to problems at work, in school, and with interpersonal relationships. In some cases, mental health disorders can be life-threatening.
Telehealth services can provide access to quality care from mental health professionals who can help with issues like depression, anxiety, work-related stress, strained relationships, substance abuse, and poor work-life balance.
What are the benefits of Modern Assistance Telehealth services?
Modern Assistance capabilities improve access to immediate counseling care that might not otherwise be available. On-call availability 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year. Our Telehealth option makes it possible for face-to-face counseling no matter where you are located.
- More comfortable: Brings care to the patient’s location
- Saves time: Removes the need for travel
- Saves money: Telehealth can often be more affordable than traditional in-person medical care
- More accessible: If patients live in a rural area, telehealth can provide them with access to care you might not otherwise have
- More efficient: Reduces delays in care and improves continuity of care and follow-up
- More convenient: Patients don’t need to schedule transportation, childcare, or take time off work to make appointments
- Improves health outcomes: Studies have shown that telehealth can improve health outcomes for patients, especially those with chronic conditions such as diabetes and hypertension
- Reduces the barrier of stigma: patients can schedule and attend appointments in the privacy of their own home, right from their phone, computer, or tablet
This type of care can improve the overall well-being of employees and lead to a more productive workforce.
Counseling from the comfort of home
At Modern Assistance, our goal is to provide the highest quality of care to our clients. Our team of licensed counselors work with patients to develop a personalized treatment plan to tackle even the toughest mental health issues.
A healthy business starts with healthy employees, and telehealth offers a unique opportunity to provide quality care with optimal convenience. All you need is a WiFi connection.
Over 34 years of providing Employee Assistance, mental health support, and substance abuse treatment.
Our team of Certified Employee Assistance Professionals are licensed mental health and substance abuse counselors who provide confidential treatment.
On-call availability 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year. Our Telehealth option makes it possible for face-to-face counseling wherever you are located.
Same-day assessment and referral for detox and mental health treatment.
In-house Cantonese, Mandarin, and Spanish-speaking staff. Referrals to providers with language and cultural specialties.
To help our clients achieve the highest level of health and well-being.